RealTracs is removing MLS Areas from Add/Edit and Search, as well as existing Auto Notify searches with Area as an included criterion.
When Will This Occur?
The change will be effective on February 1, 2020
RealTracs fully understands that a few of our users are dependent upon using Areas for their listing searches, and know that removing them might seem like a change that fundamentally shifts how you use the MLS.
However, eliminating Areas will ensure your searches and reporting are more accurate than ever before. The truth is, Areas create more problems for MLS users than you might realize.
Did you know,
- Up to 20% of listings in the MLS have an incorrect Area assigned by the listing agent, which can make searches inaccurate and cause confusion for others.
- Areas are not based on conventional boundaries and can (and do) change.
- Davidson County Areas were established not by the MLS, but by the Tennessean as a way to organize classified ads back in the 1960s.
- In Rutherford County, Murfreesboro city annexations have changed the boundary over time and make historical comps based on Areas useless.
- Montgomery County’s Area is partly based on a railroad line that no longer exists.
- Your clients and consumers are not familiar with Areas. They generally look for listings by neighborhoods and schools. In fact, Areas are not sent in IDX data feeds.
- Only 12% of MLS users search by Area. Of those, 14% further refine those searches using additional criteria such as Schools and ZIP Codes.
How Will I Find What I am Looking for Without Areas?
There are several other ways to search for listings that are more accurate than Area.
- County Name
- ZIP Code(s)
- Map-based searches (you can draw your own custom Area based upon your needs*)
*Our awesome team of CHRs and expert support staff can show you how!
How Will the RealTracs System Change?
As you have probably already guessed, some changes will be made to the MLS system to accommodate the removal of Areas.
- Add/Edit will require a County only, and sub-area selections will be removed.
- Search “preference” settings to arrange Areas by county name or Area ID will be removed.
- The Search Area/County pick-list will be replaced with County and organized by state.
- You will be able to select any county in Tennessee, Kentucky, or Alabama. No more “Area 17” for listings outside the current RealTracs MLS service area.
I Have Saved Searches That Utilize Area. What Happens to Those?
- If your saved search is based on using an Area, it will be replaced with the county the Area represents.
- If the selection of Areas represents only part of the county (for example, Area 4 in Davidson), then all ZIP Codes in that Area will be added to your search criteria. Staying with the Area 4 example, this would mean ZIP Codes 37015, 370880, and 37218 would be searched. Of course, there might be some overlap into what were Areas 5 and 3, but remember, the consumer does not search for a home by Area.
RealTracs is currently creating ZIP Code lists and comparison maps for Davidson, Montgomery, and Rutherford Counties to assist with the transition and help make the move from Areas to Counties as straightforward as possible.
There will be much more information coming over the following weeks, so be on the lookout for that on the RealTracs Support site, news blog, social channels, and more.
Nothing is more important to a homeowner than the safety and security of themselves, their family, and their home. This is why specific rules are in place that determines who is permitted to enter a listing via SentriLock access, and when.
RealTracs recently received verified reports of agents who granted entry access to potential buyers at a listing when a buyer’s agent was not present. It was also reported that outside individuals called listing agents, and misrepresented themselves as an actively licensed appraiser to gain access to a listing, when in fact the license was expired.
Please note, if a SentriCard user grants remote access to a buyer without a buyer’s agent being physically present at the listing, grants access to unverified individuals, loans a property key, or engages in any misuse of the SentriLock lockbox or SentriSmart access system, that SentriCard user can be fined and have SentriLock access permanently revoked. For full details of the fine schedule for SentriLock violations, please visit support.realtracs.com.
If you have any questions about SentiLock or SentriCard access we encourage you to call RealTracs at 615-385-0777 and speak to a representative.
We’re Redecorating Add/Edit Inside and Out
With a New, More Modern Look and Functionality!
If you are a broker, agent, office-staff person, or personal assistant, and entering listings is part of your daily grind, then you are no stranger to the system updates RealTracs has recently released.
We know you have been asking, and it has been a long time coming, but your wait is about to end. In response to your feedback and as part of our continuing effort to make adding listings to the MLS as easy as possible – and mobile-friendly – we are rolling out the first piece of a shiny and new add/edit system, appropriately called, Add Listing.
As shown below, the new Add New Listing page (yay!) is replacing the existing add listing page (boo!). The old add/edit system has been a trooper for many years, but it’s time to send it into retirement and replace it with an entirely new experience.
Here are some of the differences you will notice:
- Completely fresh and mobile-friendly look and feel
- Address lookup assistance
- Tax ID search improvements
- Wait, did we mention it’s mobile-friendly and not old and crusty?
You can expect to see additional pieces of the new mobile-friendly add/edit system added over the coming weeks and months.
Give it a test drive and let us know what you think!
Make Things Easier by Linking RealTracs With Your Google or Facebook Account.
A new update now allows users to sign on to the MLS with a single click by linking their Facebook and/or Google account to RealTracs.
1. Click Sign in with Google
2. When prompted by Google, select or sign in to an existing Google account. If you do not have a Google account, one can be created here.
3. You will receive a confirmation that you want to link your selected Google account and RealTracs. Click Continue to move on.
4. On the next screen, you will make the final decision to link Google with RealTracs. Click Link Account to finalize things.
1. Click Sign in with Facebook
2. On the next screen, verify that you are logged in to the Facebook account you want to link. You can also edit the information you allow RealTracs to receive.
3. You will receive a confirmation that you want to link your selected Facebook account and RealTracs. Click Continue to move on.
4. On the next screen, you will make the final decision to link Facebook with RealTracs. Click Link Account to finalize things.
Remove a Linked Google or Facebook Account
You can remove a linked Google or Facebook account at any time from the Security Settings page of your RealTracs Account. To do so, complete the following steps:
- While logged into RealTracs, click your name at the top-right corner of the page and choose Security Settings.
- Under the Linked Accounts section, click the red “x” that appears at the top-right corner of the box for the account you wish to remove.
- Click the red Delete button to confirm the removal of the linked account.
It’s that simple! Your Google or Facebook account will be no longer be linked with RealTracs. You can resume logging into your account using your RealTracs username and password.