On January 8th, 2019, the standalone condominium property class is being removed, and condos are joining single-family homes to form a single Residential property class that includes the following property subtypes:
- Site Built
- Zero Lot Line
- Horizontal Property Regime (HPR) – Attached
- Horizontal Property Regime (HPR) – Detached
- Cottage/Garden Condo
- Flat Condo
- Highrise Condo
- Loft Condo
- Other Condo
- Townhouse Condo
- This update will allow users to search for ALL single family and condo listings in a particular area regardless of how they are listed, resulting in a much more thorough and robust set of search results.
- When searching for residential listings, you will see the new Type field under Common Criteria that allows the selection of any combination of single family or condo listing types.
- All of the selections will be checked and searched for by default; however, you can easily select only the options you want and search in any combination of residential and condo – all without the need of a cross-class search!
- You can save your favorite listing Type combination as your default search. Instructions on how to create and save a new default search can be viewed at help.realtracs.net.
- Add/Edit is updating too; Residential will be the choice for both single-family homes and condos. The specific sub-type will be chosen when inputting the details of the listing.
There are a few important notes to pass along:
- Existing condo listings (with current MLS numbers) will convert to Residential automatically
- Condo saved searches and auto-notify searches will be converted automatically
- Definitions of the various property subtypes can be found at help.realtracs.net
- The existing Exterior Alterations and Other Restrictions fields in Condo will not be moving to Residential
The knowledgeable RealTracs support team is available six days a week to assist with any questions you might have regarding this upcoming change.
You can chat, click, or call a representative from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.